To build the most forgiving all-stainless steel set of golf clubs Callaway Golf has ever developed, the engineers set aside conventional thinking, utilized innovative technologies and have redefined the shape of super game-improvement. The 2008 Big Bertha Irons take forgiveness to new heights by integrating a set of clubs featuring the new i-brids, clubs designed to replace hard-to-hit long irons. The three i-brids combine the accuracy and control of irons with the forgiveness and versatility of a hybrid and are the most highly playable hybrid-like irons Callaway Golf could make. The set smoothly transitions into traditionally shaped irons that feature increased offset, a larger effective hitting area and a constant width sole for better forgiveness.
- i-brids™ blend the control and accuracy of irons with the forgiveness, distance and versatility of hybrids
- Super game-improvement mid and short irons deliver the ultimate in forgiveness with increased offset, a large effective hitting and a constant width sole
- Fully integrated set design provides seamless performance progression with consistent distance separation and optimal trajectories
- Callaway Golf Core Technologies include Extreme Notch Weighting, VFT®, S2H2® and a 360º Undercut Channel
- Modified Tru-Bore® enhances feel and performance