Using finite element analysis (FEA) driven by a Cray Supercomputer, PING engineers optimized the G10 driver's crown, sole and face structure interaction to ensure maximum energy transfer to the ball. The 460cc driver features a larger profile with a taller face and deeper crown that produces a higher MOI (moment of inertia) for greater forgiveness and increased ball velocity.
Thinner crown and face designs provided discretionary weight which is positioned inside the clubhead to lower the CG (center of gravity) for reduced spin and higher launch.
- Larger perimeter head size increases MOI
- Taller face profile and deeper crown maximize ball velocity
- Thin, variable face geometry
- Internal weight pad positions CG for low spin and high launch
- PING-designed TFC 129D shaft